eBay Watch: Bidding Meg Good-Bye, Trading Changes
eBay's Trading Assistant program is for experienced eBay sellers who make money by selling items for other people. Sharon Guldner, manager of eBay's Trading Assistant program, announced the following improvements to the Trading Assistant Directory:
- New search functions to help potential customers find assistants more quickly.
- An opt-in lead management system to distribute leads directly to assistants.
- A new evaluation system to help showcase assistants' satisfied customers.
- New marketing materials, including updated logos and customizable collateral, mailers and business cards, which will all be free.
Guldner also made the following administrative announcements:
- Qualification: Trading Assistants will need to have a minimum Feedback score of 100 with at least 98 percent positive, sales of at least 10 items in the last three months and an account in good standing to qualify for the program.
- Titles: The previously used name "Trading Post" has been changed to "Registered eBay Drop Off Location." Use of the term "Auction" or "Auctioneer" in a Trading Assistant business name, signage and marketing materials is no longer permitted unless you are a licensed auctioneer.
- User Agreements: There are now two separate User Agreements. One for Trading Assistants and one for Registered eBay Drop Off Locations (including new insurance requirements). <
- Profiles: Each Trading Assistant may have only one profile in the directory, but you can now refer potential clients to your own Trading Assistant Web site. If you're an Education Specialist you can also link to your profile and classes.
Re-Registration Required by Feb. 11
As part of these new changes, all Trading Assistants must register and accept the user agreement for the new program. On Feb. 11, eBay will be retiring the current Trading Assistant directory, and only Trading Assistants who have registered for the new program will be found in the new version. Sign up for the new and improved Trading Assistant program at www.ebaytradingassistant.com.
CCX Solutions, founded by a former eBay Power Seller, just released SalesMaster Pro 1.04. Developed to address the unique needs of busy eBay sellers, SalesMaster Pro is a sales management suite designed to streamline order processing and customer service for sellers of all sizes, according to the company. Built with relational database technology, SalesMaster Pro is designed to allow eBay sellers to manage order processing, shipping, customer relations and returns in an easy-to-use, desktop interface for both Windows and Mac OS X. For a limited time, SalesMaster Pro 1.04 will be offered for a reduced price of $49.99. Key features include: PayPal integration; custom e-mail notifications; an eBay and PayPal fee calculator that computes final value fees for auctions, store inventory and "But It Now" sales among other options; a centralized interface for viewing all your order information as well as feedback and auction details. Pricing on the iPhone
Apple iPhone users can now tap into a database of more than 20 million historical antiques pricing records and 15 million photos made available through GoAntiques.com's PriceMiner. PriceMiner, a pricing guide for the antique industry, is designed to allow iPhone users instant access to current and historical prices formatted specifically for their screens. The new application lets buyers determine the price of antiques and collectibles based on millions of historical pricing records, helping to assess true value, rate of appreciation and availability, according to the company. Standard PriceMiner pricing of $9.95 a month or $99 a year is available to iPhone users. Visit www.PriceMiner.com/iphone to register for the service on your iPhone. Michelle Megna is managing editor of ECommerce-Guide.com.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Cloud, Collaboration, and Communication: What's Top of IT Leaders' Minds? Communication is critical to the success of any business. But today's more widely dispersed and more mobile workforce makes it harder to provide a...
Living Color Over Living Networks: How to Optimally Deliver Video in the Adaptive Enterprise It's unavoidable: enterprise IT has to deliver much more video across the business. The proven value of video as a collaborative communications...
Using Log Data Streams for Real-time Analytics: 4 Common Use Cases An organization's ability to identify, assess and resolve technical issues is critical to business success. Developer, operations and IT teams must...
Made For the Way You Work: Big Ideas and Innovation from Windows 10 and Lenovo We've analyzed the new features in Windows 10 to provide you with this quick and easy look at how to get the most benefit from these innovations...