YouTube 'Analytics' Boosts Video Marketing Results
|» Web Analytics Primer: Five Basic Metrics Demystified|
|» Will Mobile Marketing Work for Your E-Business?|
- Views displays on a graph how often a video has been viewed over a period of time. You can adjust the graph to show the number of times your video was viewed in one day, five days, one month, three months, and so on. Views also displays a world map. Click any country to see how many times your video was viewed by its citizens over a period of time.
- Popularity is a graph that provides a measure between 0 and 100 to indicate how popular your video is compared to all other YouTube videos. As with Views, you can also click on a world map to determine how your video rates on the popularity scale in each country.
- Discovery shows how viewers discovered your video. For example, you might find that 63 percent of the total views for your video came from people who'd been watching related YouTube videos, 14 percent resulted from YouTube searches, and 1.1 percent found your video from a Google search.
- Demographics graphs the age breakdown of your video's audience. It also offers a pie chart showing the percentage of male and female viewers.
- Hot Spots displays a graph next to your video that maps whether the audience is lower or higher than average at each point of the video. If the graph goes above the 'average' line, that exact point in your video is 'hot,' meaning an above-average amount of viewers have watched that particular part of the video. When the graph dips below average, it indicates a point where audiences are bailing.
Anyone who's posted a YouTube video has access to the Insight tools. (But only the account owner of a YouTube channel can see the information Insight tools provide.) To use the Insight tools, log into your YouTube account. Select 'Account' at the top right of the YouTube screen, followed by 'My Videos.' Find the video for which you want to get information and click the 'Insight' button. Then click to select any of the five Insight tools.
Surprises and Lessons Learned
"I'm really impressed with the tools," said Charles Smith, a potter in Mobile, Ala., who says his YouTube videos have boosted his business by at least 15 pecent. In his videos, Smith demonstrates his prowess at the pottery wheel only to mash down the piece he's just spun before the camera.
The Keys to Deliverability Success: Exclusive eSeminar featuring Forrester Research Live Event Date: June 20, 2013 @ 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT From marketing to IT, message deliverability affects every aspect of your business....
Innovative Uses of Telepresence From filmmakers to fashion icons, from bankers to doctors - people are working together in person, from almost any location, to transform how they...
Data Protection Made Simple Increasing demands placed on IT, along with tightening budgets has prompted IT leaders to seek out alternative technologies and improved methods of...
Get Your 30-Day Free Trial of BeyondTrust's Retina CS Threat Management Console (Retina Insight) Enterprise Threat Management for Your Dynamic IT Infrastructure For today's dynamic enterprise, IT teams can no longer manage multiple consoles...