It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Improve Patient Engagement and Profitability: Embrace Consumerism and New Technology Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 Time: 11:30 AM Eastern Standard Time Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes Legislation isn't the only thing triggering...
Live Chat Comparison: A Goal-driven Approach to Chat Vendor Selection Selecting a live chat vendor can feel like evaluating dizzying lists of features -- each feature-set will help achieve a goal. But the challenge is...
Why Endpoint Backup is More Critical Than Ever New research dives deep into the trends and drivers for enterprise endpoint backup. The mobile mind shift is here, and as employees increasingly...
The Truth About Cloud Security "Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception? Keeping data close to...