It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Phone System Buyer's Guide: What's New Since Your Last Phone Purchase? Everything. If you are feeling the constraints of your current phone system, you may be wondering about the benefits of a new system (updating your current...
Get Prepared for the Holiday Rush Now is when e-retailers want to put the finishing touches on readying their e-commerce platforms for the all-important holiday shopping season. For...
See What Security, Reliability and Efficiency Look Like Monday, September 8, 2014 1:00 PM EDT When it comes to IT infrastructure, you can't afford to take chances. The new System x servers with...
EMA: The Evolution of Data-Driven Security Information is data with context. The era of Big Data has begun demonstrating to information security that there is more that can, and must, be...