It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Business-Grade Video Conferencing for SMBs: Enhance Your Employees' Productivity Today Small and mid-size organizations (SMBs) are encountering a transition in their businesses, and they must react to the new way of working to stay...
SIP Trunking: How to Get It and Where You Can Expect to Save Voice over IP (or VoIP) telephony is rapidly capturing a major portion of the enterprise voice telephone business. VoIP has a number of advantages...
Key Components of Your Resiliency Strategy DDoS attacks continue to grow in size, frequency and complexity, forcing network-dependent companies to implement a plan for protection. However,...
Protect Your Data: How to Stop Data Leaking Out of Your Enterprise Live Date: March 25, 2014 | 9:00 am EDT / 1:00 pm GMT / 2:00 pm CET With the explosive growth of electronically stored information, organizations...