It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
The Pitfalls of TCPA and Its Impact on Your Business: Up-Selling, Telemarketing & Collections Time/Date: April 29, 2014 @ 11:30 a.m. EDT / 16:30 BST The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) of 1991 was intended to curb telemarketing...
Your Data under Siege: Defeating the Enemy of Complexity Complexity is to cybersecurity what kryptonite is to Superman. Even if you have adequate antivirus protection, are there still holes in your IT...
Defending Against Increasingly Sophisticated Cyber Attacks: HP TippingPoint Bolsters Enterprise Data Center Protection Traditional intrusion prevention systems (IPS) fall short in detecting today's advanced persistent threat (APT) cyber attacks. Next-generation...