It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Putting Mobile First: Best Practices of Mobile Technology Leaders Building a mobile collaboration or bring-your-own-device solution requires three things: mobile applications, the mobile devices themselves and the...
Live Chat Comparison: A Goal-driven Approach to Chat Vendor Selection Selecting a live chat vendor can feel like evaluating dizzying lists of features -- each feature-set will help achieve a goal. But the challenge is...
Saving Time and Resources Managing Administrator Rights On-demand Event Event Date: July 22, 2014 In this WhatWorks analysis, John Pescatore examines a use case where end users had local administrative...
SSL 101: A Guide to Fundamental Web Site Security As use of the Internet has grown, the Web has also become more popular with scammers, identity thieves, and other cybercriminals. Given the number...