It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Unshackling Online Meetings for Business Users More collaboration leads to better achievement of business goals. But getting there requires tools that business users can and want to use, without...
Mobility & Cloud are Changing the Face of Visual Communications On-Demand Webcast Thanks to mobility, visual communications tools are becoming increasingly pervasive, with high user-expectations. Cloud options...
Easing the Burden of Healthcare Compliance Between contractors and employees, there is a great deal of risk surrounding the privacy and security of sensitive data in the healthcare industry....
The Danger Deepens: 2014 Neustar Annual DDoS Attacks and Impact Report For the third consecutive year, Neustar surveyed hundreds of companies on distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. Neustar's survey reveals...