It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Mobility & Cloud are Changing the Face of Visual Communications On-Demand Webcast Thanks to mobility, visual communications tools are becoming increasingly pervasive, with high user-expectations. Cloud options...
A New Definition of Workforce Management The complex service operations businesses deal with today demand a broader view of workforce management: a new one that fully embraces the concepts...
Google Apps Cheat Sheet Today's enterprise cloud app vendors have invested large amounts of time and energy into assuring customers that their data is safe in the cloud....
A Simple Approach to BYOD With 81% of employees using their phones at work, companies have stopped asking: "Is corporate data leaking from personal devices?" and started...