It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
BEST PRACTICE WEBINAR: Critical Requirements for Building a Future-Ready Contact Center Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific Today, customers expect the agent who answers their call to know they've already sent an...
The Rising Financial Impact of Customer Service The role of customer service is one that's valued and well understood by many organizations. However, making the leap form correlating customer...
Intelligent Compliance: Establishing Trust in the Datacenter With the average cost of a data breach reaching $3.5 million, the pressure is intense to maintain the security and compliance of your data center....
Google Apps Cheat Sheet Today's enterprise cloud app vendors have invested large amounts of time and energy into assuring customers that their data is safe in the cloud....