It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Uncover Threats in SSL Traffic: The Ultimate Guide to SSL Inspection Encrypted traffic accounts for a large and growing percentage of all network traffic. While the adoption of SSL, and its successor, Transport Layer...
Top 7 Reasons to Centralize Your Business Communications If you're tired of juggling separate phone systems at each of your office locations, it's time to learn the top 7 reasons to centralize your...
Top 10 DDoS Attack Trends DDoS attacks are constantly evolving, both in terms of size as well as sophistication. Not keeping up with the changes in the DDoS attack landscape...
Enabling Security and Collaboration for Today's Mobile Workforce On-demand Event Event Date: July 22, 2015 Today's increasingly mobile workforce creates new challenges for organizations that rely heavily on...