It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Putting Mobile First: Best Practices of Mobile Technology Leaders Building a mobile collaboration or bring-your-own-device solution requires three things: mobile applications, the mobile devices themselves and the...
Guide to Collaborating Across Borders: Trends and Best Practices in Effective Global Video Conferencing In the world of flexible working, where the workforce is dispersed, it becomes even more important to build trust through increased communication....
When Bad Things Happen to Good Businesses: Moving from DIY Disaster Recovery to Unfailing Business IT Resiliency Whether you're in charge of your organization's infrastructure or are responsible for minimizing risk throughout the environment, IT infrastructure...
Leveraging Endpoint Backup for Legal Holds & E-Discovery Enterprise endpoint backup can satisfy data collection and preservation requirements in a more streamlined and cost-effective manner than...