It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Webinar: Should You "Switch-Off" Your ACD? Hear Why CareFirst BCBS is Switching to a SIP-based Contact Center Event Date and Times: Wednesday May 29, 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific Wednesday...
Business-Grade Video Conferencing for SMBs: Enhance Your Employees' Productivity Today Small and mid-size organizations (SMBs) are encountering a transition in their businesses, and they must react to the new way of working to stay...
DDoS Mitigation: Best Practices for a Rapidly Changing Threat Landscape Given the extraordinary and rapid changes in the DDoS terrain, traditional DDoS mitigation tactics are no longer sufficient to protect an...
Data Protection Made Simple Increasing demands placed on IT, along with tightening budgets has prompted IT leaders to seek out alternative technologies and improved methods of...