It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Avoid the Sales/IT Collision Scenario: Using Apps for Better Collaboration What's great for sales productivity isn't always good for IT. Nearly 56% of sales teams agree that slow connections are one of the biggest issues...
Network Transformation: A Guide to Planning Your Journey to All-IP Historically, communication service providers (CSPs) have viewed network transformation through the narrow lens of technology, as though it were a...
Five Steps to Worry-Free Endpoint Backup and Data Migration Today's organizations face a ballooning data management and risk problem. The use of laptops, tablets, workstations, servers and smartphones in the...
Easing the Burden of Healthcare Compliance Between contractors and employees, there is a great deal of risk surrounding the privacy and security of sensitive data in the healthcare industry....