It's time to make your search marketing list, and check it twice. To help, here are holiday season tips from Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Review your seasonal product offerings/best sellers and apply holiday modifiers ("Christmas gift for grandmother").
- Offer gift cards and bid on relevant keywords.
- Holiday shoppers are in the mood to buy, so adjust bidding and budgets to take advantage of higher conversion rates for many holiday and gift-related terms.
- Be prepared for last minute shoppers, and budget and prepare accordingly for post holiday sales.
- URL must link to a page that is obviously and immediately relevant to the keyword.
- If the ad does not link to a product-specific landing page, provide a clear and obvious path to the product.
- Ensure prices and promotions are consistent with search copy and always provide effective on-site search for easier navigation.
- Use Gift Guide pages for general gifting keywords and offer incentives for e-mail capture, such as "free" newsletter, sales alerts, etc.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Voice Trunking in an IP World: Charting a Practical Path for PRI and SIP Information technology (IT) leaders understand that a converged Internet Protocol (IP) network is the endgame for innovative organizations....
How Cloud and Mobile Are Perfect Partners for UC Unified communications (UC) is at a tipping point today, thanks to the game-changing trends of mobile apps and cloud computing. Until recently,...
EMA Report: Data Capture and Network Forensics, State of the Market Networks, network-connected systems, and the underlying data are under constant reconnaissance and/or attack. The current state of being is for...
How Hackers Exploit Admin Rights to Access Your Systems On-demand Event Event Date: February 25, 2015 If there is a weakness in your IT security system, wouldn't it be better to find it before someone...