Facebook, the online social media platform that connects friends has brought new social commerce opportunities to small business ecommerce site owners. To fully take advantage of using Facebook as a sales tool there are a number of Facebook shopping cart applications that you can embed on your Business Profile.
Some Facebook shopping cart application developers offer the basic cart for free with options to upgrade to access additional functionality or support on a purchase or subscription basis. Others may offer these additional features based on a percentage of the transaction. Be sure to read the FAQ posted on each Cart application page to learn of any fees before installing the application and setting up shop on Facebook.
Facebook Shopping Cart Applications
These Facebook applications can be embedded onto your Business Page to add ecommerce functionality.
- Payvment: this Facebook e-commerce solution lets users add a professional-grade storefront to a Facebook page. The app provides an admin area built directly into Facebook to manage your storefront, products and sales. Payvment currently has 327,639 users Facebook users.
- Ecwid: a free shopping cart designed for use on any Facebook page or website. Ecwid supports drag-and-drop customization, allows you to mirror your Facebook cart onto any website, and also provided a single Web-based management interface for all carts you display. Ecwid currently has 56,733 monthly active users.
- BigCommerce: using the BigCommerce SocialShop app lets online sellers and merchants add a Shop tab to a Facebook Business or Fan page. Through the tab, Facebook users can browse products and buy through Facebook. The service is free for 15-days with basic pricing starting at $24.95 per month. BigCommerce currently has 33,335 monthly active users.
- VendorShop: a free ecommerce shopping cart that lets users setup an online shop tab on any Facebook page. Once the VendorShop application is installed you can add products and prices. A PayPal checkout service is used for payments. VendorShop currently has 30,841 monthly active users.
- Muncom: this free PHP shopping cart lets you create a cart to display on your Facebook profile or Facebook Business Page. To create the cart you need to first design a free store on Muncom.com. Muncom's shopping cart service is currently in beta and the Facebook application has 2,284 monthly active users.
More Facebook Small Business Ecommerce Tips
Looking to get a better handle on integrating Facebook into your small business ecommerce marketing plan? Try these Facebook tips and guides for small business ecommerce sites:
- 5 Facebook Apps for Small Business Ecommerce Sites
- 3 Facebook Apps for eBay Sellers
- How to Add Facebook Like to Your Ecommerce Site
- How to Customize a Business Facebook Page with Apps
- Facebook How-To Guide: Create Ad Campaigns
Vangie Beal is a veteran online seller and frequent contributor to ECommerce-Guide.com. She is also managing editor of Webopedia.com. You can tweet with her online @AuroraGG.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
BEST PRACTICE WEBINAR: Critical Requirements for Building a Future-Ready Contact Center Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific Today, customers expect the agent who answers their call to know they've already sent an...
Live Chat's New ROI Live chat has proven itself in the support world by providing fast return on investment through easily-achieved agent efficiencies. While there is...
Google Apps Cheat Sheet Today's enterprise cloud app vendors have invested large amounts of time and energy into assuring customers that their data is safe in the cloud....
Intelligent Compliance: Establishing Trust in the Datacenter With the average cost of a data breach reaching $3.5 million, the pressure is intense to maintain the security and compliance of your data center....