10 Apps to Monetize an Ecommerce Facebook Business Page
Facebook is a popular choice for small business ecommerce site owners looking for new ways to market their online business and to communicate with customers. This popular social networking site provides new ways to monetize your Facebook Business Page using shopping cart and other ecommerce applications -- or apps -- that you can embed on your Business Profile.
From shopping tabs to customer service tools, these 10 Facebook apps make a great addition to an online merchant's marketing arsenal.
Shopping Carts & Shopping Tabs for Facebook
1. Payvment is an ecommerce Facebook solution that lets you add a professional-grade storefront to any Facebook page. The app features an admin dashboard built directly into Facebook to manage your storefront, products and sales.
2. Muncom is a free PHP shopping cart that you can use to create a shopping cart to display on your Facebook Business Page. To create the cart, you must first design a free store on Muncom.com. Muncom's shopping cart service is currently in beta.
3. BigCommerce offers a Facebook ecommerce solution that lets you add a Shopping Tab to your Facebook Business page. The tab allows shoppers to browse products on your page and buy through Facebook.
4. TabJuice also offers a Shopping Tab app that helps ecommerce merchants to bring their products to a Facebook Business Page. You can customize the Facebook store you create with different storefront templates, color schemes and your own logo.
5. ShopTab is a popular Facebook application that offers a number of features including support for more than 30 currencies. It also offers tools for you to add and edit products individually, through a data feed, or automated scheduled data update.
Customer Service and Marketing Apps
6. Assistly lets you control and monitor customer conversations by pulling all customer service conversations from email, phone, Facebook and Twitter into one place.
7. Get Satisfaction provides moderation tools and customer feedback widgets to help you build your Facebook customer community. It offers a starter package for small businesses.
8. UserEcho is a feedback widget for Facebook and Twitter that lets you to collect customer responses and respond to customer feedback, engage in conversation, and it also lets you broadcast and organize the conversations.
9. MailChimp lets you market to Facebook customers by creating a mailing list sign-up form and tab on your Facebook Page. Page admins can automatically post email campaigns to the Facebook Wall once sent to your email subscribers.
10. Wildfire Promotions is a Facebook app that lets site owners run different promotions on Facebook Pages, such as contests, coupons and special deals. After adding the application, you configure the promotion through the app, publish it, and then add it as a Tab on your Facebook Page.
More Facebook Small Business Ecommerce Tips
Are you looking to get a better handle on integrating Facebook into your ecommerce marketing plan? Try these Facebook tips and guides for small business ecommerce sites:
- 7 Tips to Manage Customer Service on Facebook
- Juice up Your Facebook Page with Shopping Tabs
- How to Add Facebook Like to Your Ecommerce Site
- How to Customize a Business Facebook Page with Apps
Based in Nova Scotia, Canada, Vangie Beal has spent the last decade contributing featured articles and reviews to more than 20 technology-focused publications, including Webopedia and Ecommerce-Guide. You can tweet with her online @AuroraGG.
|Do you have a comment or question about this article or other e-commerce topics in general? Speak out in the SmallBusinessComputing.com E-Commerce Forum. Join the discussion today!|
Webinar: Should You "Switch-Off" Your ACD? Hear Why CareFirst BCBS is Switching to a SIP-based Contact Center Event Date and Times: Wednesday May 29, 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific Wednesday...
Business-Grade Video Conferencing for SMBs: Enhance Your Employees' Productivity Today Small and mid-size organizations (SMBs) are encountering a transition in their businesses, and they must react to the new way of working to stay...
Data Protection Made Simple Increasing demands placed on IT, along with tightening budgets has prompted IT leaders to seek out alternative technologies and improved methods of...
DDoS Mitigation: Best Practices for a Rapidly Changing Threat Landscape Given the extraordinary and rapid changes in the DDoS terrain, traditional DDoS mitigation tactics are no longer sufficient to protect an...